Steve Duckett

Steve Duckett
Owner

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Back up your computer

It happens so often it would be funny, but it's not. I get so many people coming to my shop asking if I can recover their data for them, be it on a dead or dying Hard drive or on a PC or laptop that no longer works. Many have years of pictures and data that to them is irreplaceable, but no backups have been made.


Some business owners have come to me and told me that their computer is dead and all their business information is on the computer and there is no backup, "if you can't get this info my business is done" they tell me. I can see the desperation in their faces...

I usually get it but that of course is not the point. BACK UP YOUR COMPUTER !!!!

Ok so I've convinced you that backing up is a good idea, great...now what?

Here are some choices for backing up your computer:

You can use a DVD/CD to back up info or a USB Thumb Drive, You can dump all your info on another Hard Drive, either in your computer or an exterior hard drive (that's what i do)

You can also back up your info online: Bitrate Computer Services offers FREE online backup up to 2 GBs. Just go to www.bitratecomputers.com and click the backup tab...read the instructions and your good to go...now if your computer blows up your data is safe and sound on one or more of the above types of media...That's about it for now... www.bitratecomputers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment