Steve Duckett

Steve Duckett
Owner

Monday, August 23, 2010

What Antivirus should I use

I get asked a lot about what Antivirus to use, what Antivirus is best etc.  Well usually it is a matter of who you ask, Now i go by stats, and personal experiance, I have used, Kaspersky, McAfee, Norton, Panda etc etc.... And they all have their pluses and minuses.  What i go by is how good they keep my computer virus free...interesting concept eh. 

Anyway here is my professional recommendation: If you want to spend money for no reason at all, Norton is a good choice...now I can hear you already...."Norton sucks" "Norton slows down my computer" blah blahblah...well your right and wrong...the older Norton products really, really slowed down your computer but since 2009 it has been completely overhauled and is not such a resource hog.  I still uses more resources then others but it also catches more viruses than others as well.

Now having said all that about Norton here is what i use....Microsoft Security Essentials.  It catches everything I throw at it, and throw a lot at it.  I am always going into pages full of viruses and Microsoft catches them all, always...no issues.  As for resources, you can put this thing in the slowest computer and it will not change the computers speed...in a word...it rocks and believe it or not..IT"S FREE.

You can't get any better than free, uses no resources, easy to install, no upkeep, no annoying popups, not obtrusive and catches all the viruses on your computer.  I'm Stephen Duckett owner of Bitrate Computer Services and that is my professional opinion

No comments:

Post a Comment