Steve Duckett

Steve Duckett
Owner

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Hit with a virus

Ok so yesterday i open up a Facebook message asking me to open a video...ok fine, so i go to open it and in the middle of the video screen i get a message saying I have to update my player....and BANG all hell breaks loose....yup I downloaded the mother of all viruses.  All sorts of freezing and popups starting happening.  Basically it took over my entire computer within about two minutes.

Fortunately i have my computer set up to copy an image of my entire computer every morning at 2pm...so i just had to restore my computer to yesterdays image...after i copied my invoices for the day that is....

So the lessons here.....watch what you click when it comes to e-mails and Facebook and the biggy....backup with an image every day...I was up and running in about 2 hrs....

2 comments:

  1. So how to I do this "backup with an image" thing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. In windows 7 and Vista you go to start, all programs, maintenance then click backup and restore then click create a system image...follow promps from there and put the image on a separate hard drive either internal or external makes no difference...you can schedule when your computer does the image..every day is good...hopes this helps

    ReplyDelete