Steve Duckett

Steve Duckett
Owner

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Computer Hardware rant

Ok so i have been repairing computers for a long time and it never stops amazing me how many new pieces of hardware fail right out of the box. I'm not talking only one or two out of one hundred...I'm talking 20 or 30 out of one hundred. It's crazy...especially motherboards...I went through 3 motherboards in a week that were dead out of the box...ok that is probably the reason for my rant...I mean come on!... three motherboards, talk about a pain in the you know what...

Talking about Motherboards...The main repair I do on laptops...not counting software issues..is...yes you guessed it, motherboard failures...and that is not a cheap fix...I mean I only charge 60.00 for the replacement labor cost but the Motherboard itself can run a couple hundred dollars...

Should you get the warranty for a laptop...absolutely . I'm not usually an advocate of the extended warranty thing...as a matter of fact I pretty much never do it..but for laptops, that's a big yes...just got a Dell laptop and ponied up for the three year warranty...Anyway I'm done ranting now...hope this helps someone...

No comments:

Post a Comment